CULTURE CAKE: THE BRIDGE CONTINUES
A family-friendly event celebrating Black artists and makers in Charleston
Sunday, October 22, 2023
3 - 5pm
Meyer Vogl Daniel Island
250 River Landing Drive
We're incredibly excited to invite you to our next edition of Culture Cake, a series of arts and cultural programming at our Daniel Island location. The event is a follow-up to last year's inaugural Black Makers event, which grew from the desire to bridge the gap between Black artisans and our Charleston community.
This year, it's all about children at this family-friendly event. Shaniequa Washington, Owner and Designer of Zuriel Kingdom Collections has again curated a group of artisans:
• Shop mommy & me designs by Zuriel Kingdom Collections
• Meet celebrated South Carolina artist Ment Nelson
• Learn about Gullah Sweetgrass Baskets & palmetto roses
• Shop and make your own Gullah Dolls
• Talk self-care with Motherland Essentials
• Shop and make jewelry with Copper Cohens
• See Morowa Mosai paint live
• Plus: Dance party, sidewalk chalk contest, good things to eat and drink, & much more
We're also excited to partner with Yo Art! · Andrea Serrano · Charcuterie Happy Board · Truestar Bartending · The ZD Experience
This free, family-friendly event will take place on Sunday, October 22nd, from 3pm – 5pm, at 250 River Landing Drive on Daniel Island. Please join us!
Your RSVP is kindly requested.
Please RSVP here or by emailing email@example.com.